USD75


Bought this off from EBay.... It was a good purchase cos I only paid in total of S$150 which I think it is very rare to find this at this price and this size. When I first bidded it, I thought I will not be able to get this frame cos a lugged frame usually cost around $700 - $1500. Though it doesn't have a brand but I really do not mind cos the paint work is brand new and the sizing fit Shannie or even me very well. I am happy to get this frame.

After gotten this frame, I decided to build it up as a single speed. I sold off my beloved Maurizio which I spend alot of time building it but I also want to retain part of Maurizio so I decided to keep the fork and put it onto USD75.

I went to Benson and get it fix but Benson spend a long time to shorten the fork. After shortening the fork, he realise the diameter of the fork is too small for the headset, so he said there will be some "play" when braking. Well, what is a play? The term "play" in bicycle term means lose! He tried to find a suitable ring for the most bottom of the headset cos it is where the foundation is. but after finding for a long time, he still cannot find a suitable one. He said it can still be ridden but will be lose. He give me another suggestion is to use tape to tape around the fork and force the ring into the fork. I ask him to go ahead.

Once the fork is in place and headset is fixed, I brought it home to fixed the rest of the parts onto the bike. The first one is to fixed the BB but I face another hiccups when I start fixing the BB, it was alittle too big for the frame. So I have start filing the fixing cup so it can be fixed into the frame. I spend almost 2 hours and still cannot fix it on. Finally I take a closer look and realise the thread on the frame was damaged. I tired using a flat screwdriver to crave out a thread to fix the BB on and it was successful. I did the same for the adjustment cap side and I had to force it in. Next  was the stem. It could not go in totally to the length that I wanted and I filed it again. After filing for almost a long time I told myself it will not fit in still so I think the best way is to saw it. After 3 hours and so many difficulties, the BB and stem is finally on the frame and the rest is a breeze!

Ofmega crank, MKS pedal, Izumi gold chain, Nitto 60mm stem, Shimano 600 front brake, Odessey monolever, Airwalk riserbar and orange hand grip, lastly a temporary Fizik Arione (I am still thinking should I get a brooks for this bike). A single speed bike is born!!!

Comments

Ah viv said…
good buy for all that at S$150 !
will check out ur bikes when I am back home :)

lately, I am also enjoying my rides. Trying out new routes on my own on weekdays.
I am so looking forward to go tokyo and ride one day. Btw, how is the situation over there?
Ah viv said…
things are ok here.
U can consider to come during Summer, but weather will be very hot !
Priscilla Wong said…
singapore is already hot like mad so doesnt make much difference :D

Popular Posts