Japan Trip Part II

DAY 3

Today is ZAKKA day (雑貨). Going to Shimokitazawa 下北沢 and walk around to shop for japanese zakka. Japanese are very strong in their product design and you can find unique zakka around this area. They are also under very strong european influrences so you can find alot of european products there too.

My first stop is my favortite book store. Everytime I was there I will stay for awhile and read lots of books on zakka, photography and illustrations. They have wide range of special books that can't be found in the city. Shimokitazawa 下北沢 is a very interesting town on its own. you can walk on the street the whole day without being bored. I was there early this day so thought I can go to my favorite ramen shop to eat but then they are not ready for lunch. I walk around a few times but still it was not ready so I gave up and found another place that is run but an old couple. The ramen was not as nice but at least I tried different ramen and know that my favorite ramen shop is the best.

Thought of looking for my old retro clock but can't find the 2nd shop I always go. I was abit disappointed because the last time I bought a clock which I love it, I forget Japan voltage and Singapore voltage is different so I spoilt it by plugging it in. I was very sad then.

In the evening, I make a trip back to Shinjuku and had Onokonomiyaki. The shop is very special because I have to cook on my own but I dunno how to do it so I have to ask the waitress to help me. It was a new experience to me and it is my first time seeing them how to do it, very interesti



Comments

Popular Posts