I love MUSIK!!!

Recently, I am very into turntable and record. Bought a Marantz turntable from ChinaSquare with a very good bargain. I did not know how to connect it in the first place, all I thought just connect to Auxiliary and the turntable will work. BUT IT IS NOT!!! Turntable need to go through a phono stage which will then produce the sound. I called a friend and he said he wanted to sell a mini phono amp for 100 buck, brilliant, just what I need. I bought the turntable after 30mins bargaining and when I reach home, I saw my dad's amp has a phono function :) just what I need. I exchange my amp with my dad which save me some money to buy the mini phono amp instead. I just simply love the music coming out from turntable......


HOW TURNTABLES WORK
The turntable is a flat, circular platform upon which the record is placed. An electric motor rotates the turntable at constant speed, usually 33 1/3, 45, or 78 revolutions per minute (rpm). The tonearm is a rod with a jewel-tipped stylus, or needle, at its free end. The tonearm either pivots to keep the stylus in the record groove, or is suspended by a mechanism that enables it to stay oriented in the same direction while it moves across the record. When the stylus moves along the undulating groove of the revolving disk, it vibrates, and the vibrations are converted into equivalent electrical impulses by the cartridge in the tonearm. These impulses are conducted by wire leads to an electronic amplifier and then to one or more loudspeakers. All modern phonograph systems had certain components in common: a turntable that rotated the record; a stylus that tracked a groove in the record; a pickup that converted the mechanical movements of the stylus into electrical impulses; an amplifier that intensified these electrical impulses; and a loudspeaker that converted the amplified signals back into sound.

Comments

Popular Posts