Greetings from Scandinavia, PÅRT FIVE

I shall continue with my journey from Stockholm. There is an old town in Stockholm called GalaStam. There are alot of "Antik" shops and shops with very nice display. The people seem very nice or rather they are very nice. Such as, it is very hard to find wash room but if you found one usually it is paid public toilet. Usually it will cost about 2EURO which about S$4. So most of the time I have to ask the people from the cafè to "borrow" their toilet ☺ and most of the time they will give a smiley face and say ok to me. We were having our shopping day and also it is out last day in Stockholm. We enjoyed the scenery of the old town, sat by the whalf and enjoying the breeze.... Ö
The next day, we travel by Arlanda Express which is quite pricey, to the Arlanda Airport. We are heading to Oslo, Norway, and this our 3rd stop of the trip. Which means we are almost half way through our backpacking life. I think the trip happen too fast and it will end very fast too. Anyway, we were given the first front room of the seat and it was my first and ms m first time to sit so close to the doorway. After one hour of flying, we reach Oslo Airport. We took a train to the central station and from there we walk for very very long to find the hostel and we were not very in favour with the condition of the hostel, Anker Hostel. I didnt really like Oslo because it was not as nice as I thought. At the same time we dun have accomodation for 2 nights so we have to quickly come out with a solution. We said tomorrow we shall go Bergen earlier and book a hotel there. We found a budget hotel and it was not that expensive so we booked it.
The next day we set off to Bergen by taking the NSB train. It is going to be a 7 hours train journey Ö. Throughout the journey, we have alot of nice sceneric view. Norway is very beautiful forming with all the mountains and rivers. I love nature and I wish I have the chance to do a mountain biking here in Norway. I dunno when I will have the chance because things in Norway is too expensive. The food is very expensive, can you imagine, it cost me S$25 for a Macdonald meal!!!
When we reach Bergen, we have to take a bus the the hotel that we have book. We walk a few rounds to find the bus stop and the bus driver was very nice because he didnt want to take our money for the bus ride, hahahaha, first time in my life. Anyway, we reach Thon Hotel and We had our breakfast for NOK50 which is about S$13. We calculated it will be cheaper than we eat out so we took it. The budget hotel is only equip with normal facilities like bath room, toilet and bed. They dun even have kettle for us to boil water. Anyway, we can drink tap water in Norway so it is ok. We had a nice night sleep because both of us are tired from our train journey. The next day we were so looking forward to our nice breakfast and it was really very nice. They have my favorite bacon and bake beans. For the longest time I want to eat those. So I dun care and eat alot alot alot because knowing I wont eat lunch later because lunch is also expensive. We even saw people packing bread for lunch also means they also think it is expensive. Mmmm..... I keep mentioning that it is expensive because IT IS VERY VERY EXPENSIVE!!!!
We walk around the city and we went to fish market. I tried my norwegian salmon and ms m tried her fresh shrimps. It was both good. We went to bryggen too. Their first warehouses were builded and the first few buildings in Bergen. I think they are trying to preserve the buildings, can tell from the steel bar that is supporting the walls. For quite sometime ms m and I have lost each other. We took a tram to the peak of the mountain to have a birdeye view of the city of Bergen. It was very beautiful. Can see that the city is not big but the buildings were very interesting. Ms m told me she have not yet seen an ugly building which I totally agreed. We walk around the park too and it was very very nice to walk in the park in Norway. Everywhere is shooting opportunities.
After 2 nights stay in the hotel, we have to shift ourselves to the hostel. We will be staying in Hostel Montana, a hostel that locate themselves on the mountain. We have to took a 15mins bus ride to our hostel and climb up a few slopes before reaching to the hostel. Ms m is definitely very strong and can tell that she has been training alot, BRAVO.....

Comments

Popular Posts